Continuing with other sketches of my Hand Mascot Design.
A List of useful design resources and creative stuff.
updated on Medium 1st.
UI / User Experience
- UX Design Top 10 Articles of the Past Quarter Jan — Mar 2017
- My journey from being a visual designer to a UX designer
- 3 Trends in Landing page Design
2016 Links and Articles:
- Bret Victor: http://worrydream.com/
- Nielson Norman Group: https://www.nngroup.com/
- The 7 Questions youwill be asked at a UX Design interview and how to prepare for them
- Mapping User Experiences (Book)
- 10 skill you need to be a UX unicorn
- 10 Usability Heuristics for User Interface Design — Nielsen Norman …
- Abby IA: http://abbytheia.com/2012/04/12/ia-heuristics-journey/
Visual Graphic Design
- Before you can master design, you must first master the fundamentals
- Typography Cheat Sheet
User Centered Design
Sketching / Art & Design:
- TheDesignSketchbook.com (Chou-Tac)
- Sketch-a-day.com (Spencer Nuget)
- Creature Art Teacher (Aaron Blaise)
- ChrisOatley.com (Storytelling and Visual Development)
- Ctrl Paint (painting tutorials)
- Carbodydesign.com (Car Design and Tutorials for industrial design tips)
- hans bacher (Disney Designer for Mulan great art resources)
Other fun Stuff:
CG Graphics its 3D!
Film & Video:
Mondaine Clock. The swiss Railway clock that tells time.
Elements I like:
The proportions of the minutes are clearly divided.
the bold markings of the major minutes 5,10,15 etc. are clearly indicated
Good contrast between the hours, minutes and second hands. This helps the user to clearly see what time it is exactly.
elements I wished were there
The clock could have used numerals to indicate the major minutes but I think since this was for railways it would need to be internationalized so that anyone in the world can understand what time it is just by looking at it.