Recently I went to a Games Design meetup. It was organised by another school Mages similar to 3dsense.
Here are some things I learnt.
- Starting a Games company is hard. You need to have a team that can gel together
- Some projects are technically drive but lack the art
- Some projects were very artistic and technical but lacked a business plan.
- Work with prototypes first don’t jump straight in.
- I applaud these guys that showcased their failed game projects and company, for starting something and trying.
- Games Designs needs meaning.
- Many roles in the games industry. IT Support, Admin, Creative etc.
- Animation Redux. A short intro into Animation.
- Learn the craft not the tools
- 12 Principles of animation.
- Met someone doing their own game prototype as a solo person.
There were different people from different industrys and students that attended the event. It was interesting to see and learn more about game development and get a refresher on animation.